Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Handmade Holiday Release

Today, there is a new release at Simon Says Stamp...the Handmade Holiday release!  This release is filled with all kinds of goodies that will help you create handmade treasures for this Christmas season!!  There are many beautiful embossing folders in this release, my card today was made with one of them!...
I embossed the Holly Branch embossing folder on a piece of watercolor paper.  I then used three colors from my watercolor paints and painted the leaves, branch and berries, along with another swatch of watercolor paper to use to die cut the sentiment.  I then put the dried, painted branch back into the folder, and through the machine, again, to the most defined lines from the folder after painting.  I added the die cut and layered sentiment die, and adhered to a card.  Here's a close up...
I'm not a great painter, but I thought this was a kind of wistful, rustic look, and it made me happy!  Such great fun!!  A link to the release is below, hope you will check it out...lots of very fun stuff to be had!  There will be two blog hops, tomorrow and Saturday, hope you will check out the Simon Blog to get some inspiration!  
Happy Crafting!!  Hugs!!  Lisa

6 comments:

  1. A real beauty !
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I LOVE this card! I had forgotten about using watercolored cardstock for the sentiments - is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful card and painting job too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love your coloring on folder

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa