Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Hearts of Christmas

I used the sweet and pretty new Simon Says Stamp Outline Heart of Christmas die set from Simon's newest Peace on Earth release, to make a couple Christmas cards...
I LOVE this die!! I love hearts, love Christmas, so the two of them together is simply wonderful!!  I die cut the outline and the base.  I ran adhesive all over the base, then attached the emptied outline to the base.  I filled all the spaces of the tree with green, and the hearts with 2 shades of red, and one pink hearts. I also used the Simon kraft colored woodgrain cardstock for the tree's trunk.  I brushed my wink of stella marker over the star for some glitter.  I used the sentiments from the new Simon Heart of Christmas stamp set, and after adhering the tree to the panel, popped it up on a card.  Here's a close up...

The second one, just like the first, but made with untraditional Christmas colors...
I had recently been using the Simon Strips dies to make some striped Christmas cards with sentiments.  I liked this gold/black/white combo, but loved it with a gold hearted Christmas tree rather than simply with a sentiment....so I used it for the gold hearted Christmas tree!  Done just like the first, but for the star on top, I used a smaller star die cut in gold for the middle of the black one(my daughter's idea...I love their input when I'm stuck!).  I have to say the combination makes me happy!  Here's a close up...
Just had to share before going...my daughter and 3yr old granddaughter, who I hadn't seen in almost 2 years, surprised me a couple weeks ago for an almost two week visit!!  I was diagnosed with a prolapsed bladder a few months ago (women, KEGEL!), and the journey, since, has been really challenging.  My daughter helped me clean my gutters, paint my master bedroom, cook meals, and still found time to snuggle with me at night!  My other daughter, who lives close by, brought her 2 year old to visit every day, so my house was crazy fun!  To say it was wonderful is an understatement, and I cried for two days after they left.  I'm slowly getting back to life without family here, and back into my craft room, which served as my grand baby's bedroom for the last couple weeks(a couple dies did go missing, their replacements are in my cart at Simon😁!).  Feeling so very blessed by the love of family...
thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. How lovely for you to spend a good chunk of time with your family Lisa. And it's great that you are so close, I hope I never take my family for granted and cherish each moment with mine as you do with yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! I adore that die cut tree. Glad you were able to have a great visit with your family, sounds like you had a lot of fun and got a lot accomplished! (:

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa