Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 2022!

Happy New Year, everyone! I am hoping that 2022 will be a better year than the last two for me and for you!   I have made a card with Simon Says Stamp's Be Lovely stamp/die set, from their new To the Moon release,  that's filled with tulips and love, to start the year off right....
I stamped, die cut, colored, layered and popped up the pretty little lady.  I used one of the sentiments from the set, and an oval die cut from a very old MFT Stamps die set...made for shadows, to ground her.  I then had this idea to stamp a tulip frame around the little lady with the three tulips from the set.  I stamped, embossed, and colored them.  I stamped three of them at a time.  My mess up with the stamping came with the top strip.  I wasn't thinking about the tulip on the top of the vertical row being different from the tulip on the bottom of the vertical row, so I started stamping the top row across the same as I had stamped the bottom, but shouldn't have.  I was too into finishing to do a do over, so I left it as you see it...perfection is highly overrated, anyway!  Here's a close up...
Hope you had merry and happy holidays....and hope you are well and staying safe.  Looking forward to what this year holds...I read this quote today, 
"Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent."  Mignon McLaughlin 
 Keep hoping!
 Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your card is delightful and I would not have noticed anything different (still think it's superb)! While I don't comment often, I really enjoy each and every card you create, just love your style and consider you to be the die cut queen! Wishing you good health, happiness and more craftiness in 2022! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice anything different about it if you hadn't pointed it out. I always say that it is the imperfections that show is was really handmade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet! Always love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa