Tuesday, March 23, 2021

An Incomplete Rainbow

I've made a slimline card with the adorable new Simon Says Stamp Bitty Birdhouse die set, from the Hello Beautiful release...
I wanted a rainbow of birdhouses, but what that looked like took some doing...and die cutting.  I originally made a blue house, but opted to leave it out and simply put the sentiment in its place...thought with no house and the "miss you" with the blue heart in it's place...would all kind of make sense.  I figured I'd explain it in the card when I send it,  just in case I was too in my head when I put this together!  Here were my options for color choices...
1.  Rainbow houses, roofs, and door rims...
2.  Rainbow houses and door rims, with all black roofs...
3.  Rainbow houses with black roofs and white door rims...
4.  Rainbow houses and roofs, with white door rims...
So, I settled on number 4...it made me feel the happiest!  Also, I turned the hangers around, after I looked at the packaging...the bow is supposed to be ON the birdhouse roof 😄!  I popped them up on a card panel that I had embossed with the Simon I Like Big Dots stencil.  I die cut a heart for the "o" in the sentiment, to kind of give love to the missing person/house.  I dotted with Tonic Jewel drops and popped up on slimline card.  Here's a close up...
I hope there is love and happiness where you are, today!!  Noah and I are doing well, love and happiness of family and friends, even though at a distance is everything to us!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I think you made the right choice (the one I like the best, too.) going with the matching roofs and white door frames. Don’t think you’ll need to explain the missing blue house. This is a very sweet card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. No explanation needed re: the blue house. I hope the recipient appreciates all the work that went into this. Isn't it funny how what appears so easy in our mind, becomes more of a challenge to actually create. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH this is just lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this... No explanation needed about the missing blue house. I got it right away and LOVE your thought process on htat one. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa