Sunday, September 1, 2019

Happy STAMPtember®!!

Today is September 1st...and what makes this day so wonderfully special is that it marks the first day of a month long celebration over at Simon Says Stamp...STAMPtember®...yes, so special a month, that Simon Says Stamp had the name copyrighted!!  STAMPtember® has not only a new release, but a month long celebration of all things stamping...there is the HUGE Simon release, and special new releases throughout the month, special blog posts, give aways...SO MUCH FUN!!  This is the 10th year of celebrations, you can check out all the fun over at the Simon Blog!! 
I have made two cards with one of the beautiful new dies from the release, Shimmer Rounded Rectangle die, along with a new sentiment die and sentiment stamp...
 For those of you who know me, you know I LOVE to adhere strips of patterned paper together, and use them to die cut.  Well, that's JUST what I thought to do with this lovely die...it was the perfect die and perfectly sized die to make two cards from one full length set of adhered strips...
I die cut the flowered Rectangle die from the strips, layered and then adhered a black embossed piece on the bottom.  I emboss the piece that shows through, to give it a bit of dimension...I feel it gives the paper a little more impact below all the layered die cuts.  I added a die cut and layered Friend die sentiment with a Simon Sentiment strip.  Here's a close up...

 The second one, I used the "other half" of the patterned paper strips..funny...same strips as the first, but having the color underneath gives it a "softer" look....
Can I just say, I LOVE the stitched border around this die.  You can cut the two dies apart, but I love die cutting with them together...such a pretty combo, and unlike many of those before this die, there was no way, short of handcutting the die cuts, to give them the "independent" look!   
I DID take a picture of this embossed piece that is adhered at the bottom of the layered dies.  I just like the embossing...I think it adds dimension to the die...
 I used a sentiment from the new set, Sending Sympathy.  I rounded the corners of the panel on this one, to mimic the rectangle die's rounded corners.  Here's a close up...   
I really hope you will check out the Simon Blog for all the STAMPtember® fun, and check back here tomorrow...there's a BIG BIG party going on...com'on and join the fun!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Lisa.I do not know what else to say,the cards speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your colorful strips :) The die cut is lovely, both in the colors and the white over the colors - I put it in my cart over at Simon's! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, as always. Thanks Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa