Monday, November 26, 2018

Simply Done Christmas Trees in Gold

 It's already the end of November...Christmas is less than ONE MONTH away!!  Yikes, where did November go??  Well, I've been visiting family for the last 3 weeks, so that's where MY month went...it was wonderful!!  I just got back into my craft room yesterday and wanted to make some more Christmas cards and came up with a couple very simple, but I think pretty ways to use one stamp... making two simply done, classic gold Christmas cards...
 I used the one of the sentiment stamps from the new Simon Says Stamp Christmas Wishes stamp set as the sole image on both cards.  I stamped the first on watercolor paper with versa mark, gold embossed and then used my Peerless Watercolor papers and a watercolor brush to add some shape to the sentiment.  I then added some gold dots with my Prismacolor gold marker.  I LOVED the texture of the watercolor paper, and decided to make not only the sentiment/tree image on the watercolor paper, but pop it up on another piece of watercolor paper to continue the texture.  Here's a close up...
 Then, I added one of the other sentiments from the pretty set on the inside embossed in gold like the tree...
The other one was done very much like the first, except that it was stamped on black cardstock, and the panel was kept bigger, embossing a stitched frame onto the panel...
I LOVED the gold against the black, and thought it looked complete, simply by itself!  I left the panel bigger than the first card, and adhered it directly to a gold piece of cardstock.  I also added the same sentiment on the inside of the card as I did the first card.  Here's a close up of the pretty sentiment...
This sentiment is so pretty, and makes for pretty and simply done Christmas cards...and who doesn't LOVE that??!!  FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

OH MY GOODNESS...just wanted to let you know...there's a new Simon release coming out December 1st...in FOUR DAYS!!!  It's DIECEMBER® at Simon Says Stamp...a wonderful release FILLED with  AMAZING DIES!!!!...get ready!!!

3 comments:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa