Saturday, January 28, 2023

Rectangle Love

I have used the Simon Says Stamp Dimensional Rectcangles stencil set from their Diecember® release, and a new CZ Design sentiment stamp from the new Kisses release to make a thank you card...and then a much needed birthday card with the same stencil set...
I had so much fun using these stencils!  I chose a rainbow of colored inks, and brushed on ink with the four stencils.  As you can see, my blending is not perfect, but I think it's cool!  I didn't have the heart to cut off a row or partial row of rectangles, so I made a card that was 1/4" longer than an A2 card....so, will just require a bit longer of an envelope!  I stamped the sentiment with versamark,  black embossed, die cut and layered.   I made one of the smaller sentiments from the set, into a strip for below the thanks.  Here's a close up...
I had to edit my post to show you that I had made an envelope for the card 4 1/2" x 6"...and stamped another stamp from the set onto the back of the envelope...

The second one is a birthday card for my wonderful next door neighbor! We have been neighbors for 26 years, and  I couldn't ask for a better neighbor and friend!  I have made a card that hopefully looks a bit more manly than most I make...guy cards can be such a challenge, at times!  I will be making some cupcakes to go with my card!...
I used four different colors of blue ink to make the rectangles.  After I brushed on all the inks, I hand cut  all the rectangles, and popped them up on the card with my t ruler, to get them straight.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with versamark and gold embossed.  Here's a close up...
Hope you are having a great weekend...it's pretty cold here in VA... for those of you in places like me, stay warm.  If you're not in a place like me, in a place where it's warmer, enjoy it...I wish I could be where you are!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. These are both great designs.. Thanks for your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa