Friday, January 13, 2023

Simple Jumbled Hearts Valentines

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!  I have been away from my blog for a few weeks to visit with family, but my craftroom has consumed most of my time.  I have begun...begun...a redo of my craft room! The room was originally a guest bedroom, then bedroom/craftroom for the last MANY years.  THEN, a couple years ago, the BED became consumed with stamps, dies, and craft supplies, so it officially became a craftroom, albeit a really sad craft room, and mind you a rather small, sad craft room.  The last 6 months, I have become increasingly anxious, and the room has really stressed me out.  I KNEW I had to do something, but the thought of actually doing something was overwhelming.  Two weeks ago, I began to demolish the room!  My daughter and I then went to, where else, IKEA, and bought a large  desk(I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new desk!!!), and a couple cabinets, to start.  My room is still a disaster, and probably will be for some time to come, but I am excited and encouraged that it will be ME when it's done.  I will never have one of those huge designer craftrooms, but I've never had a room soley for crafting, so a room with a nice desk and some nice storage, will make me VERY happy!  I just may show you my space when I'm done, and a pic of the original?! 
Soooooo....I am back to creating. amidst the chaos.  My crafting mojo is coming back...time away has made it take a nap, but I have a couple Valentine's Day cards made with a new Simon Says Stamp stamp and die from their Hugs release, to share with you...
I colored the Jumbled Hearts stamped hearts with markers, and added the layered Simple Valentine's Day sentiment die cuts over the bordered hearts.  Here's a close up...
The second, to show the versatility of the stamp, I made a card with the stamp going vertical rather than horizontal, and rainbow colored hearts..
I again colored the hearts with markers, and used a silver cardstock strip to separate them from the other side of the card.  This time, for the sentiment, I die cut it for the top layer, with glossy cardstock.  Here's a close up...
Getting back in the groove with two simply made cards...happiness!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. lovely cards !
    greetings, martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all the cards you make. You make my kind of cards and I love following you. Thank you for so much inspiration you give.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa