Friday, June 4, 2021

Rainbows Blog Hop!

I am thrilled to be a part of today's Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop, celebrating their newest release, Rainbows!  Rainbows hold a special place in my heart, so celebrating this release will go on long after this hop.  For me, this is the start of a month long party of rainbows!  I am starting the party by using the wonderful new Repeating Rainbows Cling stamp having made a couple cards with lots of rainbows... 
The first card uses the whole stamp, the second card, a happy accident, using the leftover strip from what was cut off from the first card!  
This card was simply made, using twenty different color markers...and some careful coloring.  I put a 8 1/2"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock in my MISTI and stamped with gray ink.  I then colored all the rainbows...making sure I stayed in the lines as best I could, so my rainbows were as crisp as possible.  I took my heat gun over the rainbows after I finished coloring, and then put the piece back in my MISTI.  I used my magic embossing bag to prevent static, and stamped the rainbows again, this time with versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I cut it down, added my favorite sentiment right now, from  CZ Design's You are Loved stamp/die set, stamped, die cut and layered.  Here's a close up...
The second one, simply the  leftovers from the first...
I added a silver strip behind the rainbows for a "little fancy" and a sentiment from the Simon XL Greetings  2.  Here's a close up...
I love getting two cards from one project!  These were such fun, and the rainbows truly just make me so happy!!  The fun is just beginning for you! 
 Simon is generously giving a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop from our comments section, so the more blogs you  leave  comments on, the better your chance of winning!  The winners will be posted on the Simon Blog on Wednesday, June 9th, so make sure you check the blog on the 9th to see if you're a winner!  The list of participants for today's blog are below:
Two things before I go!  First, don't forget the offer in the banner above...use the code ENVIES for a free pack of holographic envelopes with any purchase!  The offer is good til June 6th or until supplies last, so don't wait too long!  Second, there will be a second blog hop  on the Simon Blog tomorrow, so I hope you'll follow along tomorrow for even more inspiration from this amazing new release!
Thanks for visiting me today, keep on hopping!! Hugs!! Lisa

76 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! I LOVE these rainbows! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sending Happy thoughts card really spoke me to me, love the design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful rainbow cards! All the coloring was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful! I didn't order this background stamp, but thinking that I might have to go back and do so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I agree with Tracy, I think I need it now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repeating Rainbows is such a pretty background stamp. You can use it in alot of different ways too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Just ordered the background stamp and can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! Two cards out of one project...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. I really love this rainbow background. Waste not, want not....good idea for using all the bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The inks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the left over pieces, great cards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet and cheery! Your cards made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a lot of hard work, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both cards but especially the happy accident! This looks fun to color too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both cards but especially the happy accident! This looks fun to color too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an impressively beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both of your cards. The second one with lots of white space & the strip of the rainbows down the edge really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your rainbow of rainbows is such a fantastic idea. Both of these are real winners.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those fun, colorful cards. The Repeating Rainbows stamp is definitely one of my favorites from this fantastic release!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much of this release that I need to order next - I love the rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea! Love the 2 cards, the rainbows are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you got two cards out of one image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards, and such a pretty second card with a simple silver strip, I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what fun cards - so creative

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both of your cards and how you colored them. I don't have a full set of markers, and this background stamp tells me that I'd better get some if I want this effect! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. coloring with so many colors took patience and vision. So glad you carried it through. Your cards are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such happy cards - who doesn't love a rainbow?! Although both are wonderful, I really love the one with just the strip of rainbows - perfect CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the use of rainbow strips. Great food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cool! I love the new release! Especially the stencils, word dies, and the embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your bonus card and how the colours and the white space are so beautifully balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards! Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have such beautiful cards! I will be back after I'm finished hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a great release. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colors you used on your rainbow background and love the twofer cards you created!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy accident card is wonderful. So neat. I was wondering how the rainbow stamp was colored. Very nice. Thanks for taking the time to post

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your rainbows are so much fun! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous cards and love the way you stamped with the embossing ink after coloring. The outlined look is so pretty- and your "happy accident" is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is some amazing coloring! The second card looks so intentional- I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really love the rainbow cards!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such great rainbow cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is an awesome background stamp! The way you embossed again after coloring really makes them pop off the card. It looks like each one is die cut almost! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love all these ideas from this release! The cards are wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are gorgeous - love how you used the rainbows!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am a rainbow nut but when I first saw the repeating rainbow stamp I didn't have the "vision" that you did to color each of the rainbows in rainbow fashion. Just STUNNING!!! I've never stamped, colored, and then embossed....the outcome is AMAZING so am surely going to give this technique a try. Thank you so much for the inspiration and I guess I'll be placing another SSStamp order again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The repeat rainbow pattern seems to make an otherwise impossible way align up possible and so so pretty. I like that single line!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the cards you created with this pretty rainbow design! Awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great rainbow cards! Pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Cute cards! I love the rainbow border!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the rainbows! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love how you used 5hose rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  51. I absolutely love the rainbow 2 for 1 cards!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love how simple, yet complex both cards are. Both are made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the two-fer.
    That strip looks great on the
    second card. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your cards always. Great colouring of the rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Loving your cards!! I love colorful things and rainbows showcase them the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Now those are some fun and happy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wonderful rainbow cards. Your patience with the coloring was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the rainbows! I appreciate your efforts to color all of those rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Fun, colorful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I like the little strip on the side from the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful cards! I loved how you used the background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the way you colored your rainbows. Such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  64. So much wonderful craftyness

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love both cards. Happy accidents make great cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love them both, and I love how your blog hop line up is all rainbow-y too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Very pretty card with the colored rainbows. Thanks for sharing your fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  68. so fun - what a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Very attractive card using the leftover strip.

    ReplyDelete
  70. amazing, I love your design!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa