Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Flower Cluster

I've made a card with the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Flower Cluster Wood Stamp, from their new Born to Sparkle release!...
I have to tell you, this card was so much fun to make!  I remember the days that I would make cards like this when I first started making cards with wooden stamps, when dies didn't exist.  Back then, I found it so satisfying and enjoyable to stamp, and cut out pieces of the stamped images to make a 3D card.  Yes, dies have made things fun, too, but these new wooden stamps are full of possibilities beyond simply stamping!  I stamped and clear embossed the flowers a few times, to make sure that I had enough images to be able to cut out each of the flowers so all the petals and leaves had borders.  The sentiment is from the new Spring Bouquets stamp set.  I adhered the petal and leaf  pieces to the stamped and colored image with glue dots, and added some tonic drops for some bling.  I popped up the white panel on a stamped red background, using the new Simon Open Grid Background stamp!   Here's a close up...
Hope you are having a great start to your May!  We've had some beautiful days here in Virginia, but I feel the heat coming on...enjoying each and every day! 
Thanks for stopping by, today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! SO much more beautiful without that nasty white border that dies leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...your rainbow cards are just gorgeous, Lisa! Getting either of these cards would make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa