Monday, November 4, 2019

Tidings Wreath

 I used the beautiful Memory Box Tidings Wreath and Birch Press Design sentiment dies, to make a Christmas card...
I think this wreath stamp is so beautiful!!  It IS larger than a standard A2 card, but because I love the wreath so much, I could not leave out one leaf or berry from it, so my card is 5 1/2" square. I stamped in a gray ink, colored with markers, then put the colored cardstock back in my MISTI, brushed with my static bag, stamped with versa mark and gold embossed!  I dotted each berry with glossy accents for added interest and dimension.  I added layered shiny gold sentiment die cuts.  Here's a close up...
I then had an idea.  I don't have a stash of square envelopes, so I had to make an envelope (very thankful to have some extra wide and long cardstock I found while cleaning out my mom's house as I needed a 9x9 piece of paper using my envelope maker). So, I used one of the other stamps from the set, and stamped and gold embossed the leaves for the outside of the envelope.  You COULD color them, but I was just going for a "touch" of pretty on the outside...
Christmas is so much fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. So very beautiful.Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It looks soooo festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this is exquisite! A dear friend of mine who once operated a stamping store out of her basement used to say "never a naked envelope!" Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Lisa! The slightly larger card, the hand crafted envelope, your beautiful coloring and embossing - perfection! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really very elegant! However, when clicking on any of the products you used, all I get is a "LinkDeli" page that's virtually blank. Never links to any seller...very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.. I'm so sorry about the links. I have tried clicking on the links on both my computer and phone, it takes me right to the products...not sure what might be going on. Hoping others will tell me if they are having problems. So sorry...

      Delete
  6. I love this card. So happy you shared the technique. Must try. Looks almost like stained glass, which I also love. Impressed by your precision to stamp exactly the same twice. I usually miss a tinybit though I use my misti. 😕

    Anyhiw: What kind of markers have you used? Copic, Sharpie, warerbased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used two different green Prismacolor (light and dark olive) markers and a red sharpie marker for the berries.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for info and inspo. Will try it out. Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card, Lisa. I LOVE how you stamped and embossed the envelope to match your card. I think I'll do that with my Christmas cards this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, a beautiful job coloring and gold embossing this card.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa