Monday, October 1, 2018

Handlettered Halloween

I am in love with the Simon Says Stamp Handlettered Halloween stamp/die set!!  The sentiments are so cute and so versatile...I made a card and a Halloween candy bag to share with you, using two of the stamps and their dies from the set along with a couple other Simon stamps...
I LOVED the "Hey Pumpkin" sentiment, so I searched through my stamp collection and found this older, but adorable kitty in a pumpkin from Simon, and knew this was the image to use with my sentiment!!  I stamped the kitten on a stitched rectangle panel, and colored with my Prismacolor markers.  I added the "thinking of you" sentiment from the Tiny Words stamp set, and adhered the stamped, die cut, and layered "Hey Pumpkin" sentiment!!  Sweet!!!  Here's a close up...
The "trick or treat" sentiment screamed a candy bag to me, so...
OK...after a night to sleep on it, I decided to take scissors to the ends of the tag (on the top and bottom), to follow the lines of the spider web.  The thought was that it would add a little interest and take the hard edges off the tag(I just couldn't LOVE it the way it was...ever had that happen??).  Here's the changed version...
A little different, right??!!  I like it better than the hard edges of the originial tag...ok, I feel better:)!!

I stamped the sentimtent on orange cardstock, and die cut and layered.  I stamped the Simon Spider Web Background stamp on white cardstock with smoke colored ink, and then die cut with a Simon tag die.  I layered the tag, added a stamped spider from the Handlettered set, and adhered the stamped, die cut, and layered sentiment onto the webbed tag.  I tied the tag around a bag of Reese's pumpkins....here's a close up...
I always gave my children bags of candy on Halloween...they're grown now, but some things never change...it's just too much fun!!  This set makes Halloween so much fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Love the Hey Pumpkin Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I had to buy everything to make both the card and tag. You make it far too easy to fall into the black hole by providing convenient links. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa