Thursday, August 30, 2018

Throwback Thursday...Clipping Heart!

I made a card the other day with a Simon Says Stamp heart die, and sentiment from their newest release, Friendly Frolic!  I kept the pretty sentiment stamp on my desk, and just couldn't put it away...just yet.  I pulled out a sweet die that came out last year, Simon's Clipping Heart die and, combined it with that sentiment, making what I'm calling, a "Throwback Thursday" card...my card from last year is below...
Funny, I had used paint chips when I orignally used this die, and it was not planned this way, but used paint chips on today's card, as well.  I die cut softer color paint chips than my usual bold colors...and layered the Clipping Heart die four times for super thickness...LOVED the dimension.  For a clean and simple card, I wanted POP!!  I stamped the amazing sentiment, and adhered the die with it's paint chips to the card.  I added a drop of color to the center hearts with Tonic Jewel Drops (I LOVE these drops for such subtle touches of interest!!).  Here's a close up...
Here's the card I made in January of last year...this card made and still makes me happy...
I hope you having a heartfilled day...go heart someone today:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Most excellent cards Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your cards! What are paint chips and how did you get different colors within one cut?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa