Thursday, June 14, 2018

Birthday Flower Cards

I made some birthday cards for my mom!  Daisies and sunflowers are her favorite flowers, so I chose a couple daisy looking dies and my favorite sunflower die for my cards, and made cards to celebrate my mom...
 This card was my mom's favorite, so I thought I would start with it!  The Penny Black Pinwheel die is probably my favorite stand alone flower die...I just LOVE it...and have for a long time.  I chose to pair it with a couple Simon Says Stamp dies for the flower's center and the background woodgrain panel, and a retired Memory Box leaf die for this first card.  I layered the flower and added an Altenew happy birthday sentiment...
Yes, there is a theme going on with these cards...white, yellow, brown/kraft, and green.  I didn't plan it that way, that's just the way it turned out.  The second one used the Simon Says Stamp's Big Mom die, along with some Simon sentiment stamps.  The daisy and it's leaves are part of a retired die set from My Favorite Things, Flower and Leaf Trio...
The center of the flower was also from the same die as the first card, Simon's Stitched Daisy dies.  Here's a close up...
  The third one I used my favorite Sunflower die set, by Simon Says Stamp, along with a sentiment from the Altenew stamp set as used above, Birthday Builder. The panel behind the sunflower is a retired die from My Favorite Things, Vertical Stitched Strips
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:











  1. I like sunflowers and sonflower cards too! Happy Birthday Mrs B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these cards 😍 but I think my favorite is the first one!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa