Monday, March 16, 2015

Less is More 215...One layer Chickies

I had some time to create this morning...went looking for a challenge...went to one of my very favorite challenge blogs, Less is More!   Oh my...a one layer this week...well, I WAS up for a challenge, right?!  The one layer had a challenge in a challenge...to include an animal.  I pulled out all my stamps with animals, and decided on the super cute chickies from Lawn Fawn...
This card actually has 6 stamps on it, which I broke up into 3 sets of stamps and stamping (stamping them all together didn't work...the spacing was weird).  It looked like this (this pic is after the stamping)...
Before inking ANY OF THE STAMPS, I positioned everything. On scrap paper, I stamped the sentiment.   I first positioned the grounding line stamp around the stamped sentiment.  Then I stamped the line on the scrap paper.  THEN, I positioned the bird stamps on the line, put my acrylic block down on top of them, added heart, 
and now, having every stamp positioned on an acrylic block, I stamped the actual card.    On the card, I stamped the sentiment, clear embossed...then stamped the squiggly line(LOVE the long lined stamp this set comes with!!) and clear embossed...then the three birds and heart and clear embossed.  Then I colored the chicks and heart...LOVE a challenge:)!!  Thanks, Chrissie, and ladies!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous one layer card, Lisa! I love that line those sweet little chicks are on. Perfect stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet CAS scene! I always shy away from the one-layer challenges, yours is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheery, fun, CAS and seasonal Lisa. Love it.
    You might also like to link up at AAA Cards as we are looking for similar cards their too. Thanks for playing along at LIM. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and simple card, yet it took SIX stamps to make. It is very lovely though, well worth all that arduous stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lisa this is stunning, CAS can sometimes be very demanding to make though!
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Lisa... perfect placement... so satisfying when it's just right and balanced!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cheeky chicks xx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa