Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pastels at Christmas

Let me state right from the start that I am REALLY NOT a pastel person.  Pastels are pretty, but I prefer and really LOVE bold and bright colors, so these two cards are a real departure from my "norm".
I have had this Darcie's Merry Moment Snowmen stamp set for a couple years...I also LOVE snowmen... I stamped on white and pastels, deciding to paper piece the snowman's clothes in pastels....
I used  a white gel pen for all the stripes and enamel accents for the snow and at the ends of the scarves.
The other card was inspired by a sweater I saw at Target while shopping with my daughter the other day.  The sweater was gray and mint green!!  I had never seen those two colors together, but LOVED the look of mint and gray!!!!  So...with a Mc Gill starburst punch, some glossy accents and a sentiment from the first stamp set, I made this....
Hope you are having a great weekend!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Cute little snowman! I love the colors, too. Your thank you card is sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards with perfect sentiments. Love the mint and the gray too, but that snowman is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa