Sunday, June 24, 2012

Engagement time!!

I am not really good with special occasions, but I just HAD to make a card for Leah.  Three years ago, Leah  (a young lady I've known since she was a baby...a month older than my Emma, almost 21) invited my daughter to a Stampin Up party.  Emma came home with 3 amazing cards she had made.  And although I had given up stamping and card making 5 or 6 years earlier and given everything away, I felt the passion reignite when I saw those cards!!  Every time Leah will come to the house, I have her pick a bunch of cards to take home...always telling her, "If it weren't for you, Leah, I wouldn't be having so much fun doing something that I love, and getting to know so many wonderful people through this craft!  I was at a party yesterday and saw Leah's mom and she told me that Leah was going to get engaged today(Leah didn't know it:)!)...but by the time this posts, Leah will be engaged, so I HAD HAD HAD to make Leah an engagement card, as they will be having a party for them tonight....
I will tell you...I had some inspiration for this card from a stamp as I was pondering what to do...
A Stampin Up stamp from 2002 Mini Mates.   I had some really shiny, glossy silver paper from Michael's and used my 1" and 3/4" punches and made the ring...a few of them and layered them.  I had some rhinestone hearts and   I used a die that is a stem for the flowers(pictured at the top of the die above), but ran it through with some of the silver paper , cut and made the little sparkles coming from the rhinestone heart...like the stamp(I tried markers and embossing...nothing looked as nice).  Used a Paper Smooches sentiment stamped in Melon Mambo for some bright, happy color!!
 Love you, Leah!!!
EDIT a day later***Leah DID say YES:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. This is a fun card - love all the bling. Certainly hope she said yes! lol! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, I'm sure Leah and her fiance will really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with the greatest ideas! Another one for my faves! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...I'm sure Leah will love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I always wonder what I can do with that shiny paper I bought forever ago. :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect engagement ring! She will love this card, especially coming from you as obviously she appreciates your fine art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card. I'm sure she loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lisa, for the picture of your "stems" die! Found it on Amazon! Hope to be lucky enough to make a card like this one day!! You are so ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa