Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Xylophones

I love music...used to play piano and cello, but now, I love listening, singing to, and to my children's fright, dancing to music!  Music is life!  I have made a couple cards using the fun new Simon Says Stamp Build a Xylophone die and the coordinating Xylo Phone stamp set for the sentiments, from their new Make Magic release!...
I must admit, I googled xylophones to see different colors/ kinds of xylophones.  This first one was inspired by this one:
I colored all the keys with markers, but didn't realize until I got to the eighth one, that there were only seven in the one I googled, and not the eight that I needed for my die cuts.  Oops...so I just improvised with the last(the top) color.  I layered the keys with two layers underneath the color, and used wood veneer paper for the base of the xylophone, as well as the mallet.  I added one of the sentiments and popped the whole thing up on a white card.  Here's a close up...
The second one (actually the first one I made), had to be the classic...and my favorite thing...rainbow!...
The googled pic of this one...
I must admit, though, after the I colored the keys, I put the picture away, and, as I just noticed, I switched the natural wood and white wood around😁!  I originally had given this xylophone a black background on the card, and it really showed off the colors of the xylophone, but I didn't care for the way the sentiment embossed  in white looked, so I switched the black background out for a gray background with the sentiment stamped in black.  Here's a close up...  
 
Okay...gotta say...these were SO MUCH FUN to put together!!  I love music, so these were expecially fun for me...make some fun today, please!!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my cards...Huge Hugs!!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa