Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #10...Grateful

It's time to share the next Cutting Edge Challenge!  We have another wonderful inspiration project, this one done by Jean Manis...

Pick something, or everything, that inspires you from this card by Jean, and create a card that includes die cutting (all forms accepted).  Here’s what I created...
I chose the blue background the orange, the yellow in the card, and the textured fence for my textured  bow for my card.  The sentiment is from a beautiful new Simon Says Stamp  set, Autumn Blessings.  I love these leaf dies from Impression Obsession...love the detail of the impression they leave when you die cut them...
The ribbon is from Tim Holtz and is really cool.  It looks like this...
...and you can spread it out once your bow is made, to look kind of sort of lacey...just a fluke...I tried to straighten my bow and it SPREAD OUT...LOVE IT!!

We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The Winner of the last challenge, as well as the Top 3, are being announced;
  • The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty fabulous;
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

The challenge closes on Thursday, September 25,  2014 at 9:00 AM EDT, so hope you'll join in!!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness! Lisa, your wreath is absolutely stunning, with the wonderful 'twig' appearance and pretty autumn leaves! Ever so gorgeous - and such an innovative take on the inspiration card! I was feeling daunted when first saw it, but now, with your card as an interpretation, ideas are beginning to spark. Thank you for your warm comment on my blog. In answer to where I live: Canmore, Alberta, Canada. Our small town is nestled on the edge of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, close to Banff and the National Park, and is about an hour's drive from Calgary, one of our province's two large cities. The other - Edmonton, about 4 hours away - is where I'm from and where my family lives. So glad you asked...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspiration Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your happy mistake! That bow looks great spread out and made to look thinner. Love this card Lisa and your simple wreath of fall leaves! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa