Sunday, March 16, 2014

Balloon Card

I thought it would be cool to take the largest Simon Says Stamp balloon die and make a card with it...
Cut strips of different colored papers and adhered them to a piece of typing paper that was covered with adhesive.  I then die cut the stars and the sentiment(which I layered twice), and layered the striped balloon over a couple more cut out balloons for heft and depth...
I had tried to use a stamped sentiment, but a layered die cut was the way to go with all the strips of paper. I used another die cut balloon, scored at the top, to make the back of the card, adhering to the front balloon at the fold.  Added twine and done...what fun!!  Hugs to you this Sunny Sunday:)!!  Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a brilliant card. You make it all sound so easy but I cant imagine the time it took to get all your paper strips stuck down. Colours are just perfect, love it all. Mmmm maybe I need to buy this die too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and ingenious Lisa - Love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lisa. I did the same thing only took the easy way out and used patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa! Super card. I love how you used strips of paper. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this.... super fun colours for a balloon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the above - what kind of adhesive did you put on the typing paper? I too imagine that would be tough to get straight. Would love to see any tips on that as the paper scrap box is overflowing! Thanks again for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A balloon shaped card is just too much fun. I'm thinking this die must be bigger than I first thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice card ... That is why I lifted here https://createdbyemmanuelle.wordpress.com/2014/08/16/valentins-birthday/

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa