Thursday, August 13, 2020

Stitched Detail Floral Heart

I used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Detail Floral Heart die from their newest Let's Connect release, to make a card...
When I first saw these new detail dies(there are four of them in this new release), I thought, "they look like they could be stitched". I decided that three of them were too big, with too many details and would have too many stitches, but I opted to try and stitch the heart, which is smaller than the others.  I colored the cream colored cardstock with three colored markers, and picked floss thread to match the marker colors(I hung onto those three boxes of floss...I KNEW they would come in handy, again, someday!), and stitched away!!
I layered the heart...then had an idea. I'm going to be honest.  The stitching was fun, relaxing, and rewarding, but took a LOT of time.  I have seen some amazing artists stitch cards and it's beautiful, but the time and effort that goes into it, for me, is something that is hard to do.  I wanted to make sure I gave my "heart" a chance to maybe be appreciated for a little longer than an average card(well, worth a shot, right?!) .  This die would be beautiful done with red flowers and darker green leaves for Christmas and hung from a ribbon!!  But...I didn't think of that until after I was half way through my stitching.  SO...I decided to add a magnetic backing on the heart and make it a magnet!!  The magnet it from one of the magnetic sheets that I use to adhere my dies sets to that have little pieces.  With a magnetic back, I can send it and let the recipient know that they can put it on their refrigerator?!  I know, lots of people want clean looking frigs, but hey...better than nothing!  Here's a pic of back and front of my heart magnet...

I used another Simon die, Shimmer Heart, to make a "window" for the heart to sit in,  I rolled up three glue dots, put them on the back of the heart and adhered to card.
I used a layered CZ Design Love You die for the sentiment.  Here's a close up...
Ok...even with the time it took to stitch, this card was so...much...fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa. I say the time it took you to stitch the card is well worth it. It is beautiful! I agree that it would be stunning to the flowers red to make ornaments for Christmas. Several stores sell unfinished wood hearts you could glue your paper heart to. I wonder how hard it would be to find some with the correct dimensions. Thank you for your inspiration. Now I want to head to my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa