Monday, July 8, 2013

Violas

The dies from the Summer Collection at Simon Says Stamp are amazing and plentiful!! I used the Viola Sprouts die and the Flower Friend stamp set and made three cards...
 I die cut each set of viola sprouts using glossy paper and sponged the flowers and stems with ink using small daubers.  I masked the stems while sponging the flowers and then masked the flowers while sponging the stems.  I discovered, the hard way, that not masking, no matter how careful, looks like this...green on the yellow flower, and purple on a leaf:(...

All three cards are simple...white cards with a white panel....LOVED that I found a sentiment perfect for each layout from the SAME SET!!...I used Stampin Up Summer Sun for the yellow and Old Olive for the stems.

This second one, I used two different colors of purple and sponged the center cut outs and put them back in the flowers ...

The third one looks a bit washed out compared to the first two, but IRL it just looks pretty and light...
I googled violas and tried to make my violas similar to the real thing...well minus the middles on the first and last.  LOVED making cards with this flower die...hey, three in one day...all this morning!!!  LOVE that too!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are all beautiful! I love the CAS design and what a gorgeous, dainty die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous designs Lisa...love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thud. Okay, I'm fine, I'm back in my chair. Thud. No, really, I'm ... Thud! Lisa, you're killing me with your perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, CAS just my style! Cols used are really lovely..hugs..
    Denise x(UK)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very, very pretty! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I must get that die, now that I've seen your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these. I keep forgetting I have glossy paper!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa