Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CASology...Camp

I am super thrilled and so honored to have been asked by Melissa (CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa on the birth of your baby girl on Sunday! SO happy for you!!) to be the guest designer at CASology this week!!...
The cue card this week is CAMP...
I used to camp all the time with my parents from an early age up until my mid teens...some of the best experiences of my childhood!!  BUT...the word camp, also made me think of going to camp.  I went to summer camp when I was little, a day camp.  I could not decide which CAMP to use for my card, so I made one for each school of thought...
When you camp in the wilderness, you can see a million stars!!  There are no lights from the city to drown out their brilliance!! I wanted to capture that part of my memories when we would camp.   I used a Memory box Landscape die and a star die from Simon Says Stamp(I cut many of my dies apart, as I did this one, with my Stanley 7" all purpose snips:)!).  I die cut the landscape which had houses, but cut the houses off to make it more "wildernessy" and moved a couple of the pine trees from the end of the die to the place where I had cut off one of the houses.  I layered on a black panel that I had die cut some very tiny stars, the smallest of the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Shapes and added some dots with my white gel pen. Used a Spellbinder rectangle die and cut a rectangle out of the main panel, stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things and popped up panel on white card.  


My second card was based on going to camp.  I can remember that there were LOTS of crafts at camp. I chose to take a couple craft  items I remember from camp and make a card...a pipe cleaner and some yarn!  I used a red pipe cleaner and some red yarn along with a die cut Paper Smooches "love" sentiment for a pattern.  I twisted the pipe cleaner into the shape of the word using the die cut to compare my design to....my "e" is a little bigger than the die cut, but the word is pretty close:):)!  This was my third try...and just a note...I cut most of the red fuzz off the pipe cleaner...it makes it easier to wrap the yarn if there are not long red pieces hanging out from the pipe cleaner.  Added a "you" from a Simon Says Stamp set and popped up on white card.  Super simple...SUPER FUN!!
Thank you, Melissa, for inviting me to be a part of your design team this week...a blast from the past...and a blast!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Love the cards! and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, both of these cards are amazing! You are incredibly brave cutting your dies! So glad you joined us this week as guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both AMAZING, Lisa! Wow :) And they totally capture the feeling of camp. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards, Lisa! So great to have you as a Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stars truly are that brilliant when we go camping - a beautiful scene!! Congrats on the guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab set of cards, lisa! love the day camp inspired card... that one is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards for the Camp theme. Love the Craft one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these cards rock, Lisa! That night sky is gorgeous and your pipe cleaner love is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your guest DT spot at CASology this week! Your cards are really amazing...I love your reference to the stars in the night sky when you're in the woods, and how you reflected on all the arts and crafts at summer camp for your 2nd card! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, what great cards for the theme this week! Love the starry sky and the stitched card, too! So glad to have you guest designing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking up a the night sky, we are lucky to have no light pollution where we live so can stargaze anytime :0)
    Love both of these Lisa, I wish I could find something to alter my dies with although I would be hesitant in case I ruined them!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa