Friday, July 19, 2013

Leaf Column Cards

Another wonderful die from Simon Says Stamp's Summer Release, Leaf Column Outline die, and I made a couple cards with some inspiration from a Hallmark store card(a card with die cuts having the fine details remain in the die cut space)...
I die cut the leaves from kraft paper and used a dauber to sponge some color to a glossy piece of paper...
Then I placed the paper behind the die cut and added the sentiment with versamark and white embossing powder.


My daughter in Tennessee was wanting for wedding cards, I thought making a long, Rustic white card with a lovely sentiment from a new Avery Elle stamp set with this die was fitting.  The card measures 4" x 7".   I popped up and gave the Leaves depth.  Here's a close up...

This is a pic to show you how I adhered the stems to the back side of the card panels...with Scor Tape(the yellow is the paper that was underneath the off white paper I was working with...the yellow simply showing through), putting small strips of Scor Tape across each part of each stem(7 pieces of tape per stem...I know lots of taping, but not hard and didn't take long)...
Whether simple or a little more complex...SO MUCH FUN!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


9 comments:

  1. I love how you've taken one simple element and created two stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love what you did here Lisa!
    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat techniques -- I especially love the rainbow colored one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! Lisa, I may have to create a special Pinterest board just for your beauties. Your creations are amazing.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card design, it looks do simple (but isn't).
    xx Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I understand just what you did but no matter. You've amazed me again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are amazing!Prepare to be CASEd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love the first one, though I must not have been quite awake when I looked at it, because I thought it said, "You are annoying." I'm still laughing at myself. I am awake to know that you do very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa