Saturday, July 13, 2013

Happy Anniversary

I was totally inspired by an invitation for a blessing ceremony we got in the mail yesterday to make an anniversary card...
Used a branch and a bird die from Memory Box.  I die cut the branch in bazzill java and again twice in shiny gold.  I cut the leaves off the brown branch along with part of a branch(made the remainder look like it was an extension of the main branch), and cut and pasted the gold leaves to the brown branch.  I added a few extra for some "flow"...it just looked too stiff and unnatural without some extra leaves here and there.  Here's a pic of the branch in it's original cut...
Ok...I know what you're thinking...that's a lot of pasting.  Yes, it took a little bit of time, but I really love the gold leaves...especially for an anniversary card.  Hey, but what about shiny copper paper and gold paper for Fall...I'm on it:):)!!!  The sentiment is Clearly Besotted...love these sentiments!!  The card is Stampin Up Sahara Sand.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Love the gold leaves!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you incorporated the gold as leaves on your card, the aqua color on the birds made it pop on the page...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2013

    Wonderful. Great idea for an anniversary card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's that extra thought and time that make your cards stand out though..... I certainly appreciate it :0) love the gold leaves too.... Perfect for that special occasion :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely Anniversary card!! I love the gold leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous, love the leaves in contrasting colours..really makes card stand out...thanks for inspiration I have just pulled out one of my branch dies, but no leaves!!, so thinking cap is on...TFS HUGS..DENISE (UK) XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold leaves are fabulous. This is a lovely anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so worth all that work, Lisa! It is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Golden leaves! Super!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card! Your gold leaves are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In LOVE with this card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa