Friday, July 12, 2013

Three Embroidered Blooms Cards

I took out my Papertrey Ink Embroidered Blooms set last night...decided to try my hand at some serious stamping...one layer cards.  One layer cards are not as easy as they look!!   I made two one layer cards and a simple 2 layer stamped on linen:)...
 This was the first card I made.  I WAS going to add die cut flowers, but these flowers were too pretty on their own, and DIDN'T look great cut by hand!  SO...I stamped the flowers, masked them and stamped the leaves over the masks.  I stamped the sentiment and added 2 slightly different colored enamel dots(My Mind's Eye) to the flower's centers.


This was my second attempt...wanting to try gray and black for the leaves. I know this card looks soooooo simple, but I can't tell you how many pieces of paper I went through to get what you see here.  One smudge, poorly stamped and/or crooked sentiment...oh my...it seemed every attempt had one or more errors, but I was determined to follow through and finish!!   The leaves didn't look great alone, so I punched some tiny dots with a hole punch, adhered to the stems and dotted with glossy accents.  Here's a close up...


Then...I wanted to try the black and gray on a die cut, and pop out of the panel.  I decided to pull out a piece of linen with backing that I got at Michael's.  The linen was PERFECT with Stampin up's Sahara Sand colored paper...
Here's a close up of the linen and the popped up leaves( I used 1/16" dots on the black panel, 1/8" dots on the smaller leaves and 1/16" + 1/8" on the larger leaves to REALLY pop them out).  I'm showing you a close up, because it's hard to see the dimension with a picture of the card...
I am going to try to work a bit more with stamps I have purchased and not really used...I have a lot of unloved, beautiful stamps!!  Now, Embroidered Blooms has gotten a little bit of love:)  

There is no InLinkz as for some unknown reason, I cannot create links for Papertrey Ink products :(
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Super! It's just embroidery, gorgeous.
    Have a nice weekend, Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooh!! LURVE these cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you stuck with it. The grey leaf card is stunning. And the addition of the berries is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa these ar gorgeous, I'm totally in love with the grey and black leaves with red berries .... such a stylish design for a Christmas card I reckon :0) I think black ink is the hardest to work with... no matter how careful it always manages to smudge!!! So glad you triumphed in the end :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, Lisa! These are all beautiful, but that middle one with those tiny red dots is spectacular! All the effort was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful. I have this set, and have not played with it nearly enough. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm pinning them.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa