Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I've Got Sunshine..."

I know I'm dating myself...The Temptations and My Girl.  The song starts with, "I've got sunshine...on a cloudy day"...there are probably a few of you who remember, oh, but I digress.   I ordered a set of stamps by My Favorite Things that I thought went PERFECTLY with a brand new Simon Says Stamp Sunshine die I have and made a couple cards...easy, simple but oh so much fun!!!...
 This first one I die cut a rectangle out the panel with my Spellbinders die and used the same die to die cut a yellow rectangle.   I then used the SSS Sunshine die and, matching up the corners with rays, die cut the sun.  I used some thin chipboard and die cut twice more and cut to size using the first die cut as a pattern.  I stamped the sentiment and popped up the white panel on card, then placed the sun and rays back inside the panel.  I didn't layer the circular center, but simply adhered to card.
The second one I used the same yellow paper, Papertrey Ink's Summer Sunrise(fitting for sunshine, don't you think?!) die cut the sun and then a couple more to layer.  Stamped the sentiment on the blue panel and put the sunshine up to the sentiment to cut pieces of the sun's rays to show the sentiment.  I added a tiny magenta colored heart and popped up the whole panel on a card of the same color.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


8 comments:

  1. So very beautiful , Lisa! Perfect title for your card and post on this lovely Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Great use of that die!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the die adjustment in your yellow/blue card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards (and yes I definitely know that song!) Love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great use of the sunburst Lisa!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how these turned out, Lisa! You've just put that Simon die back on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that song, love your cards. And those sentiments are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are simply stunning! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa