Sunday, July 7, 2013

LIM 127...Shades of Grey

The challenge this week at Less Is More is to make a clean and simple card using shades of grey(gray)...how very intriguing!!  I opted for a cute set of stamps and matching dies I recently got from Papertrey Ink, Little Bitty Bird....yes, an old set, but very new to me...birds, grey, ...it just works...
I stamped the bird stamps on a white panel, standing on top of one another atop a "ground" piece(A Muse Studio Ovalicious).  Then I stamped and die cut the birds in the different shades of grey....yes stamped THEN die cut.  I got tired of trying to line up the stamp with the die cut image...they always stamped a bit off.  SO...I die cut  the birds each with a thin piece of paper, and after stamping and clear embossing a bird, I placed the thin paper bird OVER the stamped image, put a tiny piece of Elliptical tape on the very top edge of the paper bird, and then placed the die OVER the thin paper and die cut the bird...PERFECT every time!!  Hope that makes sense!  I stamped more birds, to have gray wings for each bird, rotating the gray colors.  Die cut a rectangle, stamped the sentiment and popped up on gray panel.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Love the "title" -- LOL and absolutely LOVE this adorable card!

    It makes me smile ....super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Simple but a lot of work to get to the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Perfect in grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shades of cuteness in those little grey birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, the touch of relief on those little birdies really makes them pop.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the monotone card. It reminds us that simple is good. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Your card really stood out in the gallery for me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Grayt" card. (sorry) Love the little wings! Darn clever. Great framing and the light gray base. Nice! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card... those little birds look perfect done in grey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so neat Lisa, I love the birdies in the frame :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa