Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thank Yous...One with Feeling, the Other Classic

Ok...a tiny story.  My husband went to lunch with a friend at the Cheesecake Factory...a great restaurant, most FAMOUS for their delicious cheesecakes.  I have never been there, but have had the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cheesecake...

 and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!!!  My husband wanted to bring a piece home for me after their lunch, when his friend proceeded to buy an entire small cheesecake for me!! I sent him a thank you note...our whole family loved it!!  THEN...they went there for lunch yet again a couple weeks ago.  This time, his friend bought the WHOLE, LARGE  White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake for our family!!!  OH MY GOODNESS...I was shocked, but have to tell you, I have been in heaven!!!  Our son Noah is LOVING it as much if not more than me, so to say we are thankful for this second, HUGE cheesecake is an understatement!! I had just lost 12 lbs with 20 more to go, so a bunch of slices went into the freezer for later...much later..but loving it:)!!
 I made this first card, expressing all my feelings with talk bubbles.  My daughter thought the bubbles were too much and my husband didn't understand it...but I've decided to show all of you, anyway, then the one I decided to send him...
I used the talk bubble dies from Lawn Fawn and sentiments from Paper Smooches, layered and popped up...I just thought it was cute, funny and expressed all my feelings.  But, I decided to go a bit more subdued and classic with some Papertrey Ink Square Prints stamps and a Hero Arts sentiment inspired by the Less is More challenge this week having shades of gray( I stamped light gray paper with Stampin Up gray ink)...
I'll just put all my feelings on the inside:)!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. How sweet of your husband's friend. I love both cards...the first one is just FUN! And the second one is pure class. Both are great and truly recognize your thankfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Lisa, you're very good to freeze some slices for later! I'm afraid it would all disappear at my house LOL! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    I've been following your blog for ages now and am ashamed to say I very rarely visit the actual blog site to leave you a comment. My bad. Your cards are absolutely beautiful, always, and I love the thank you using speech bubbles, because it's so original and, as you said, expresses all your feelings when receiving that gorgeous looking cheesecake - yum! Kindest wishes, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I like the second one, but it would've been great to go with the first one! Whichever, they are both great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say save the first card for the next cheesecake! Both are great thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right... I'm adding 'visit to Cheesecake Factory' on my to do list for when I finally visit the states!!! I have heard of it through ' The Big Bang Theory' ... Love that show :0)
    I think your card is brilliant.... Exactly the words and thoughts that go through my head sometimes :0)
    It's fun!! Also love the card you sent too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa