Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Black and Bright Birthday

I had gotten some word dies from My Favorite Things and decided to have some fun!  I combined the "HAPPY" with a Papertrey Ink flower and cut up Hero Arts sentiment,  and after some experimenting and trial and error made this...
I find these kind of sentiment dies very interesting but also very puzzling...what to do with them???  SO...I die cut one in blue and one in white.  I decided to combine the sentiment with the PTI flowers and felt, but the blues didn't match.  BUT...after I versamarked the blue "HAPPY"...they matched perfectly, so I then clear embossed the sentiment and line.  I had just gotten some Zing green embossing powder(haven't had colored embossing powder since my first round of stamping many years ago, but decided to give it another try as I thought the bright colors would be so cool on black!!).  I thought it might be cool to versamark the white "HAPPY" sentiment that I had die cut and emboss with the bright green powder.  I didn't like it so much as the main sentiment...it was just a little too light for me, but by accident, I put the green behind the blue and together, they made a shadow...now I DID think THAT was cool!!   I angled and cut to fit.   I stamped the cut apart sentiment in versamark and used the green embossing powder.  I originally had 4 different die cut colored felt flowers on the card and 5 of them, but again, trial and error...thought that it looked best with less...less flowers and colors(the blue is Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores...cannot link???!!!)!!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. You always do such a great job with black and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I love the dimension that the layered sentiment creates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you figured out exactly what to do with them--your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cool colour combo Lisa and I love love love the shadow behind the lettering :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa