Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 Sketch

Happy 4th of July for those of you here in the states:)!!
I love taking the online card classes!  I LOVE to glean from the masters!!  Sometimes, even though classes are a week or more long, I may take away just a few key things or ideas.  BUT that's a few more things that hopefully make me better at this amazing craft that I LOVE so much!!  I always want to keep getting better!!  The Summer Card Camp 2 is about to begin, and the participants have been given a pre-class sketch.  I could not copy the sketch, so I guess you will have to join the class to get it, but my card is a kind of different take on it...can't get away from the hexagons:)...
 I  used a Spellbinder rectangular die and cut a black rectangle and cut a rectangle out of the card panel. I placed the black rectangle inside the card panel and using Simon Says Stamp Hexagon dies, I cut three different sized apertures out of the panel.  I die cut the smaller hexagons with Papertrey Ink 
Bitty dotted papers(providing a link here, could not get PTI to create link below)(the green one I had to cut down by hand, cutting opposite sides after each other, cutting all sides the same amount...easy) and then stamped the colored hexagons with an old Stampin Up set called Pocket Silhouettes.  Popped up panel and colored hexagons on white card(the white and black paper are Bazzill.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner Sayings!  Here's a close up...
Can't wait for classes to start!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Great card, Lisa. Will be joining you in class and I can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I wish I were in the class...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Sorry its been a while!! I love the bright hexagons against the black... you have such amazing ideas and a brilliant eye for colour :0) Need to check that class out, it somehow passed me by... life has been so busy recently :0)
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card...love how you used those hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa