Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Artsy Flowers

I have used one of the beautiful and sweet new Simon Says Stamp stamp/die sets, from their new Sweet Wishes release, to make a couple flowery cards!...
I made this large petal filled flower into a black eyed susan, or a sunflower...but either way a Fallish flower.  I colored the flower with markers, die cut and adhered to a embossed piece of cardstock, using one of the new Rainbow Splash embossing folders.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut, adhered over the stem of the flower.  Here's a close up...

The second card...
This card was simply done with three flowers that I had made into my favorite daisies.  I'm not great at coloring, at all, so I had the idea to blend ink into the centers with a blending brush.  Not sure about you, but it does seem that yellow ink, at least with a marker, tends to "bleed" into the black image ink, when using yellow markers, so  blending with an ink pad and brush seems to have been a much better route to go, than coloring with markers, anyway.  I adhered the flowers to the gray panel that I had stamped the sentiment onto.  
Here's a pic of what my stamped flower that I used to blend, looked like...
You may have noticed, I changed the sentiment...yes, I do change my mind...it seems frequently.  These daisies just looked like "thanks"!
Here's a close up of the card...
Hope you have been having a great week...OMG...one week til November...yikes...the month is flying by!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa