Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finding a New Way to Use an Old Punch

I was "challenged" when I read Cristina's blog and saw a  very cool card that she made with a little circle punch.  She talked about a PaperCrafting magazine issue that looks at new and innovative ways to use the tools we have.  After glancing at her AMAZING card, HERE...I just HAD TO try my hand at using an old punch.  I went to my closet door, and spotted the Stampin Up Word Window punch and made this:
I stamped 15 word windows and taped them to a strip of paper...like this:

I then RE punched OVER the pink window pieces.  I then added a long strip of polka dotted embossed turquoise and a small strip of black.  Added Thanks die cuts(THIS was the hard part as my die didn't cut too well, so each letter is SEVERAL separate thinner papers to give it a chipboard "look") with the sentiment on the bottom from Craft Lounge Crafty clear stamps(Big Thanks).  One of my black windows is a little crooked...perfection is highly overrated...ok...I just didn't feel like a "do over".  The card is 4" x 8".
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Really great card...I shall have to look in my craft cupboard too...who knows what I will find!!

    Happy New Year.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this makes me happy Lisa, love those polkas peeking through the apertures :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever use of this punch! Thanks for the instruction how to line them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is genius. I saw Cristina's card and started thinking about how many holes I'd have to punch and it started to sound like work. THIS, however, I could do! I wonder what other punches would work here.

    And I love how you lined them up and re-punched over them! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, This is fab, I already lust after that punch now you've made it almost a 'have'to have LOL Your card is gorgeous and clever, Cristina's card is brilliant too, she had 257 comments, goodness me that's rather a lot LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to hear new ways of using my kit! This is fabulous Lisa and has set me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brill idea. I love the graphic look. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa