Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Layer Wednesday75...Happy Birthday for a Guy

Just a quick post, today.  Made this card for One Layer Wednesday...to make a one layer card for a guy's birthday. Got my idea from the latest PaperCrafts magazine entitled Cool Tools....page 140 Blue Without You by Susan Opel.  I loved her 4 blue hued squares.  I changed it a bit, and made it  3 squares, one layer, different sentiment...and ...minus the ribbons, too:)!!  Basically, just the idea of the  squares and their positioning:)!!
I masked and sponged a punched out 1 1/4 " square(Memento inks: Danube Blue, Bahama Blue,Summer Sky)...added the dotted border (Papertrey Ink Background Basics: Circles)behind and the sentiment(Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics).  I thought it looked a little boring, so I added a 1" circle cut out and, like the squares, used a black marker to draw around the shape...to add a little interest.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. This is really amazing! I love the overlapping diamonds over the border of circles. Great job of lining up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab geometric design, definitely a cool guys card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, and the layout, and what a really cool idea to put circles in the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design, very masculine. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool card...love it! Your precise-ness is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this card! The colors are great, and the masking - well, let's just say that I really had to look closely because I was convinced that you'd managed to sneak in some layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous! I had to look very closely...I just KNEW you had layers on it!! Excellent job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh... i like this card!! so perfect for a guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Lisa, this is amazing! The masking is perfect, and so is the design. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa