Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Clean and Simple Card Making Sketches

I am a student in Jennifer McGuire's video class Clean and Simple Card Making and decided to try my hand at a couple of the sketches she provides at the start of the class for inspiration.  Classes with different card making techniques, offered throughout the year, has been something I have longed for and become an avid student of since finding out about them last year.  I feel I can benefit and grow from learning and gleaning from experienced and gifted card makers...I can't recommend them highly enough...they are WONDERFUL!!  This one, especially, has been KEY for me...as I LOVE clean and simple!!!  Being a student in an area I have a passion for, well, I could and may be a student for life...after all....WHO cannot benefit from learning:)??!!!  Oh how I go on...on to the cards...
 I used a flower punch from EK Success and a sentiment from Hero Arts.  Punched and put colored papers behind the flowers then dotted with black stick on dots.  The card is 4 1/4" square, so I thought the flowers and sentiment were fitting!!   A super simple take on the simple sketch.
The next one is also from one of the sketches:


 Used a technique that Kristina Werner showed of making a flower out of 1" circles.  I don't have a lot of 2-sided design paper, but picked this pack that I got from Close to My Heart, for the flower AND for the card!!  The sentiment is Hero Arts, the print below the twine is W Plus 9 Design, the inside sentiment is from Crafty Lounge.  FUN CARD...and didn't take long, at all, to make!!  Oh, used a circle nestie to cut out the window(aperture) .
 A closer look at the versamarked, clear embossed print(may have used a colored ink if I were to do it again, so it would show better)

...and the inside of the card!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top card is beyond cute!! Great use of the punched out window on the second card! Well done on both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards. This sounds a super course. Love the simplicity of the first and the flower on the second. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa