Sunday, January 29, 2012

Block Art Stamp

 I had taken some random stamps out of my drawers and could not remove them from my desk until I made something with them.  This was one in the "pile".
Stamped the image 3 times...one of those times for the frame, one for the cut outs, and one for the backdrop. The one for the frame needs to have enough paper on all four sides for making a sort of frame around a frame.  Susan Raihala has been a mentor to me when it comes to clean and simple.  I have gleaned some wonderful insight into the mechanics of clean and simple.  One of those things is proportion.  This stamp does not fit an A2 sized card, by itself...the wrong proportions.  I made the same measurements around the stamp's framed image and wanted the same measurement around my card's dimensions.  My card is 4" x 5 3/4"...will fit a business sized envelope. The stamp is from the Block Arts Collection made by Stampendous...the sentiment is Papertrey Ink Birthday Basics.  I used Mark It markers for the coloring...Great markers with bold colors...fun for stamps like these:)!!  Dotted the little dots of the flower with Diamond Glaze, although you can't really see the little shimmer in the photo...but a little added touch when there's not a whole lot going on with the card:)...  Hope you are all having a great weekend, thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Susan does amazing work and you have been a good student as thi scard is adorable! Love the bright colours and well done on the cutting out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips on the proportion and mat sizes Lisa, love this card because it has such bold vivid colours and lots of white space too :) A smiley card!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful framing and flower! I love the bright happiness of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold on...let me pick my jaw up from the floor...okay...simply GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY!!! This card is stunning!! Beautiful colors and wonderful design. I know Susan would heartily approve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabulous bold colours on this card. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa