Monday, January 23, 2012

Simply Black and White

I made  another card for CAS-ual Friday's challenge 36 this week, which is to use only black and white on your card...no other color allowed. I am also going to enter this card as a second card, in Less is More's challenge 51, Cut it Out,  which this week is to make a card with an aperture(window, hole...I didn't know what that word was until recently...yes, there...I admit it:)!!).   I opted to use a pretty  Hero Arts background stamp to make my card, and this is what I came up with:
I stamped (after using anti static bag) on my black paper with versamark...then white embossed.  Die cut the window with Papertrey Ink Mat die.  I put the black/white embossed piece on the card and stamped the sentiment, BEFORE popping up this panel.   The black paper was not top grade, heavy paper, so I cut a piece of chipboard and mounted it to give it real stability and "pop" as well...again...AFTER the sentiment(just a tip).   And here's a slightly angled view:
 The stamps are Hero Arts...the background Flower Dot Pattern, the sentiment Truly Appreciated.
Simply done.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! That background stamp is perfect for this card and looks fabulous in white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Beuautiful card, love it:0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design! I Love the popped up panel :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning Lisa. A truly beautiful card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and this is a special card - it is simply gorgeous!

    Kind regards,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog in a rabbit trail off of Pinterest. This week I completed Jennifer McGuire's online CAS class and WOW(!)you have so many great examples! I'll continue my edumacation right here, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lisa
    LOVE that stamp
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND...the result is fabulous! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, so chic. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So impressive Lisa, I love the white on black :) Simple and elegant...I love it!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa, I've just had a long look through your blog & love your style. Such stunningly CAS designs & all of then so different. I'm now follower.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Excellent choice of stamp and design! Love it, Lisa! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a stunning monochrome card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're really off and running with this challenge! LOVE the black and white. Your embossing looks so clean...I can never do that~!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous embossing! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola Lisa, i'm glad to see you in my blog:D:D:D.
    Ooooh Lisa is a really stunning card!!!!, so elegant, i love black and white, perfect embossing...well doen Lisa.
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa