Thursday, January 12, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge 3

I have been seeing this model and her dress all over blogs, lately, and was so intrigued, I thought I would try my hand at a card for the  challenge.  I LOVE black and white!!
The challenge is the Runway Inspired Challenge ...and with the stripes and the stripes swaying in all directions, I made this(watch your eyes...my daughter says it was a bit "challenging" on her eyes:)!!):
 I took some design paper from Michael's and cut into triangles.  I randomly glued them onto cardstock...a bit uneven looking before you cut a strip from all the glued triangles.  I cut out a star with a Papertrey Ink star die and then used my Stampin Up star die to cut a star from the die cut star(hope that makes sense.  What I got is a star that "fit into" the die cut.  Placed the star on chipboard to raise it a bit above the panel
 ...layered with black paper and added a Hero Arts sentiment.  A bit crazy looking, I will admit...had fun:)!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. You nailed that dress! The chipboard star keeps it from being hard on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is WAY cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love how you popped out the star, makes this very special, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous - an awesome take on the picture! That nestled star is adorable amidst all the funky stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the photo Lisa, those hap-hazard stripes are a perfect match to the way the fabric falls :) Love the camouflaged star!
    That amazing outfit just asked to be inspiring didn't it :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I do like what you have done with this! It is so fun and so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I wanted to do something like this with my card, but I was scared. If I had known it was possible for it to turn out like this, though, I might have forged ahead. :) Thanks for playing with us at Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is just brilliant! I love your take on this challenge. I love the placement of the sentiment above the stripey panel. It's crisp and fun. The black backing of the star really makes it pop. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun, Lisa. I love how you pieced the paper together, and the star is fabulous. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh great way to use this paper, what a brilliant card!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a great idea! love how you popped that star!! really great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brill take on the challenge. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa