Monday, January 16, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays...Scallops!

I made a card for the CAS-ual Friday challenge to use scallops, then made yet another card.  Not sure of either...but... in good times and in bad...I'm committed to creating...lol!!!
First the second...
 LOVE these colors together...Papertrey Ink scallop die, impression plate(canvas/linen) and sentiment is from A Muse Studio(Hand Scripted).  Then the first one, second...
Have LOTS of scraps in my green/blue scrap folder,and pulled and put lots of them together before I settled on these 3...kind of like them together...but had one of those moments last night, realizing that there are a million different ways to use a single set of stamps!!!This card represents just one, and maybe not what I had imagined or the best...but I'm determined to keep trying to find come up with a couple!!
Used Papertrey Ink Flower Fusion#7 and it's die, Papertrey vine die and scallop die, as well.  Used a square nestie for the frame cut out.  Ran the bottom scalloped parts of paper through Big Shot in polka dotted embossing folder.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. They're both beautiful, Lisa. I am totally in love with the first in browns and pinks, and that gorgeous ribbon, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful but I'm with you and Michelle...the first card is just scrumptious! Love those colours together and that bow..... fab-u-lous:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today, and want you to know how beautiful your cards are! You have a very rare eye for clean and simple cards...so well conceived and carried out! So glad you have this artistic outlet, while caring for your beautiful son. So glad I found your blog! My best to you.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these scallops! And the blues and green look very nice together especially with those perky yellow flowers. My green & blue scrap bags are really full. I don't know if it's because we use those colors the most or the least?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I love about stamping - the finding a million ways to use each image! I love your cards Lisa, especially the top one with its gorgeous colour scheme and elegant design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are brill in their own way but the top one stands out for me. Love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, they are gorgeous cards/scallops, I love the brown and pinks together and thegreens and blues work beautifully:0) You are so right most stamps are sooo versatile, you just have to think around a bit, it makes my brain hurt sometimes LOL LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! I love the texture you added to the first one. You have such a wonderful eye to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both gorgeous... love the pink / brown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours and scallops on the first and I love how you used the PTI vine die in the second - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 great cards but I loooove the chocolate and pink :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are GORGEOUS!! I also like the first card...it's so romantic! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Always a delight to see your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are WAY gorgeous. I love the fresh clean simplicity and classy look of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw your quote from Mother Theresa, Its one of my favorites .

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa