Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daisy Crazed!

Boy, did I have fun last night!!  I was part of the online Clean and Simple Card Making Class with Jennifer McGuire and friends and am trying to implement some of the things I learned.  I purchased a Hero Arts Daisies stamp with my class discount from Simon Says Stamp!(very cool place with the largest selection of Hero Arts I've ever seen!!...no...not a paid advertisement...just really like the site!)...and well...I just couldn't stop making cards!! The first card is actually the last one that I made, for after I looked at Susan's Simplicity site this morning and the One Layer Wednesday 76 challenge for the week of using white and gray and a pop of color...well...I had to make just one more!!  So I have a total of EIGHT...so if you're here because of the challenge, the first card is the challenge card:)!!....here goes:
 I stamped the stamp with versamark and white embossed.  One of the things that we were shown is using Prismacolor pencils to color on papers other than white.  I loved how rich and deep the colors were...not at all what I was expecting...used white and dark gray ...what fun!!  Used a sentiment from Hero Arts, and a white signo pen to outline the card.  I then took my favorite of all time Papertrey Ink texture plate(Linen/Canvas) and ran the card through my Big Shot for some texture on my gray card:
 Added yellow rhinestones as my pop of color.
 This second one was a result of using yellow paper on the inside of another of these cards...so I decided to try coloring on a so saffron card.  Used white and light green pencils and a sentiment from Paper Smooches. Papertrey texture plate, too!
 The third one, below, I cut out the top 3 flowers after coloring...for these I used Stampin Up markers for coloring... and popped them up on card.  Added Paper Smooches sentiment and colored with marker, as well.
This next kraft colored card I used Chocolate chip ink and colored with pencils.  Dotted with Enamel Accents, and hand drew my lines with chocolate chip marker.  Sentiment Paper Smooches, texture plate, again!
 The next one I colored with Stampin Up markers, again, and cut out the top three.  Rather than framing with lines, I just left is plain and added a little "fancier" sentiment.
The next kraft colored one I stamped with versamark and white embossed.  Colored with white and light green colored pencils.  I didn't dot the middles with stick on dots or Enamel accents, but just colored with turqoise colored pencil.  Paper Smooches sentiment and hand drawn border....and the texture plate:)
This next one was actually the very first one I made.  I colored and cut out all 4 flowers after coloring with Stampin Up markers(Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal)  and added a Hero Arts sentiment.  Added stick on dots in the middles.
 This is the final one...the only 2 layer one of the bunch!  I simply stamped  in black and colored with SU markers.   Added another Paper Smooches sentiment and black enamel accents for the middles.  I then took my Martha stewart scoreboard and scored along each side(the picture doesn't show well, but there IS a scored line along the bottom:)!)
I know it's alot...and I didn't get into alot of details.  I only will say, I took a picture of how I learned to line up your card to draw lines.  I have had a gridded cutting board for a while, but never used it except for cutting out an occasional flower with my exacto knife....no more.  I will be using this board to line up my work for more precise and accurate work!!  It's nothing fancy...but it does the trick!!
Used Eclipse tape and taped my card at exact markers and lined up my ruler from the line on one side of the card to the other and drew my line(these are 1/4" squares)...hope that makes sense...SOOOOOO EASY!!  Never again will I measure or guess...drawing lines this way is a BREEZE!!  Just a tip!!...  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

28 comments:

  1. What an amazing assortment of this card!! A huge hand clap for the fussy cutting!! Great job on all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ALL awesome!!! I can't even pick a favorite! Love all the different ways you used this stamp set! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards....everyone of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really sensational - all of them! I will definitely be caseing; thanks for the great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! All of them are terrific cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog, and love your cards! What a productive evening! I also have those paper smooches stamps, I just bought them and already I am obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWOON!!! I just kept scrolling onto beautiful card after another! Thanks for the tip too Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - I love all of them, but especially the one for the challenge - good for you for going with the grey background. Love how you coloured the leaves darker grey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the extra pics. I love all your daisy cards...I will have to bring out my gridded cutting board! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous! I need to get out my colored pencils and have a go at this. Thanks for the line drawing tip, too. I have several boards like that and never use them - now I have a reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow!!!
    Supercute cards. I love them.
    Greetings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I struggle to make one card at a time and you've made 8 absolutely fabulous ones. They are all so funky. I must admit I really struggle to draw frames, usually get inky dots at the corners. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you always knock it out of the park! I LOVE all of these, but the one for the OLW is perfection! I want to spend the day playing in your craft room and maybe some of your fabulous talent would rub off on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow, Lisa! These are fantastic! And thanks for the tip on drawing lines, I would never have thought of that, and it looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another newbie to your blog, and loving what I have seen here. Its amazing how different these cards look with different colours and 'popping' some of the flowers. They are all stunning. Off for another browse now.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab-U-lous oh yes! Love them all Lisa, Glad to see you're still having fun LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were on a role that night Lisa, these are all so fabulous and the colourways make them so different, great tip but how do you know where to emboss around the image on the last card?
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are absolutely stunning ... I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Lisa, you have had a busy, creative day! What a great stamp that looks great with a good variety of sentiments. I think I'll have to dig out my Prisma pencils. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all gorgeous! It's so amazing how versatile one stamp can be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow wow wow! I love every one of these. What a great design. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness! I love how you were able to take one basic design and give it so many different looks! I followed your link from Susan's OLW challenge becuase your use of white embossing on gray really caught my eye. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all your cards, they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I want this stamp! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. AnonymousJune 05, 2012

    Love all of them! They are just so wonderful...love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I ha,e had this stamp for a couple of years and I have never put it to such good use. Thank you very much for the wonderful inspiration! All of these cards are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi l’ve just picked up this pin, l know it’s quite old but can you tell me what the stamp is l’m having problems finding it. Lovely cards, really like them. Sue.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa