Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Color of Joy

I had put my tin of Prismacolor pencils away last night...then decided to take them right back out this morning.  I purchased my pencils a couple years ago,  rather than invest in Copics(I don't have even one)...and used them with stumps and baby oil...pretty enough as I don't really do a lot of coloring.  After taking the Clean and Simple Card Making class, my prismas have taken on new meaning ...I am LOVING coloring with them...just coloring...no baby oil...no stumps...just coloring.  They are such amazing pencils with such rich color and wonderful quality...well...I'm having a little too much fun!!  After today's card...I will try to quiet my enthusiasm a bit and scatter my coloring to the occasional card, but for today...a little joy!!
  Have you ever made a card with the word "happy"..."peace"... or a word in your sentiment that emits or evokes a "feeling?  I stamped my flowers then found a sentiment that I thought fit my space perfectly...and wondered...what colors should I color my flowers...what is the color of  "joy"?  .I googled - "the color of joy" to find this site...pretty interesting..colors of  joy can be orange and/or yellow...so that's how I chose the colors for my flowers.  The rhinestones were an afterthought, but I thnk it looked just as nice without them.   Flowers and sentiment are Hero Arts.  Used my Papertrey Ink Linen/Canvas texture impression plate to give the card some texture...oh, loving THAT a bit too much, too:)!!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! It has sort of a stained glass look and I really like it. Did you heat emboss the flowers or just stamp them with white ink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie! I versamarked the flowers and heat embossed with white powder...thanks for asking:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks amazing. I love the white on the kraft card. I have prisma pencils too, and I agree, they give such a great colour! I never tried white embossing before, but it looks so effective I might need to go out and purchase some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is beautiful! I have found a renewed love of my Inktense pencils after the Clean & Simple class, also. I always loved them, I just learned new ways to use them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to make a card focusing on JOY, right down to the very colors you used! I LOVE your coloring, the prisma's are something I'd really like to try! Beautiful, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wished I had chosen Prismas, they are thee best pencils! This is gorgeous and I have to try this, I have the smaller of these two stamps. Have you tried colouring on the actual embossed lines as Jennifer McGuire did?
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about Prismas but I've always loved my watercolour pencils - so easy to colour with and very versatile. I love your card (as always!) and I agree that your flowers illustrate the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Lisa, love the colours that you chose as you say perfect for joy:0) Think I may have to save up for some Prismacolour pencils, I have a cheap set of 10 and need an upgrade methinks LOL Have a wonderful weekend, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cards is just beautiful ...
    I have just come across your blog and I looove your style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so loving this technique, Lisa! What a beautiful card! You have really captured the colors of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely captured joy with your gorgeous card! I must take out my Prismacolours and give them some love...

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa