Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Less is More...Just One Word

I decided to use a leftover butterfly from another Less is More challenge for this Just One Word challenge...in a butterfly kind of mood.  I made the first one, but wasn't sure about the border of butterflies, so then saw a layout from a challenge that gave me the idea to use the butterfly in yet another way for the second card.
 You can see how I made the butterfly HERE...then I used a butterfly border die from Memory Box and a sentiment from Inkadinkado.  Popped up and layered on purple card....4" x 7"...the total die is rather long.
Thinking that maybe the butterflies were a bit too much, I opted for the single  butterfly with another layout.  I used another Memory Box die for the vines and leaves and an wood impression plate from Papertrey Ink for the card.  I stamped the same sentiment and with an exacto knife, made an inch slit above and below the sentiment.  I slid the vined panel through the slit and added the butterfly.  The sketch that I saw used two pieces, one  on either side of the sentiment,  but I thought the slit was something "different"...just had to try it to see what it looked like.  Has lots of possibilities??!!!  I got cool stamping Christmas presents from my daughters...will put them on the next post:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Fantastic work, I love your ideea, cards looks just great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these butterflies and the dies! Both of these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Both cards are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these! The second is probably my favorite by a tiny bit because the wood background and your vine treatment look fabulous with the bright butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards - super!! love all the mini butterflies punched out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are stunning Lisa, what lovely butterflies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful. And with the butterflies there comes the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cards and what a neat crafter you are Lisa! Your exacto slits are exacto indeed! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards. I like them both but the white captures me in the first. The row of border butterflies is very different! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, Gorgeous butterfly cards, the green and purple together are lovely and yes! I love the slit for the border, NICE!! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa