Monday, January 2, 2012

Hearts Abounding!

I decided to take my tri-heart Stampin Up punch and see what I could make with it.  My daughter said that my cards looked very "Valentine Daysy"...that was NOT my intent, so I went to work to change the look of the cards I had made. I DO believe you can use hearts and NOT have them look like Valentines Day...so here's what I came up with, the changed ones first and then the Valentiney ones...
 Punched the hearts 3 times and added embossed papers behind each heart...scored and added die cut thanks(cuttlebug)...hmmm...no stamping on this one:)!!
This one used 3 shades of purple for paper and sponged a purple heart over the "you" in the sentiment. Layered on concord crush card(NO...it's not black...I PROMISE!!).
This one stamped twice and added a tiny heart in the middle bottom(hand cut).  Added a scrap piece of stamped and white embossed dotted paper behind the punched hearts.  Added Papertrey Ink(Signature Greetings) sentiment and ribbon.
These were the "valentiney" thank yous...above and below
 Popped up panels of cards #2,3 and 5...hmm...hearts are cool:)!!
 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

23 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! I'm so glad I found your blog via SCS. I look forward to your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which card I love more. And yes I do agree, they can be used for a lot more than Valentines day. This would be great birthday cards too. Thanks for sharing - love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all quite beautiful...your mojo is on overdrive! Really like the "rainbow" thanks. I just placed an order with SU! and I passed on the 3 heart punch that is on clearance...now I am kicking myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are all very fun and cute! Thank you for sharing.... might have to do a CASe study on these! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these - especially the rainbow coloured one. TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those cards, looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um.. these are definitely tugging on my heart strings!!! Love the arrangement of the heart apertures, I think you've just given that punch a new lease of life too :)
    Just perfect as always Lisa.
    Happy New Year to you and yours :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely fantastic cards!!! love all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards!! Love the colors on white! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love these cards... so clever and very valentineyy! Tks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Left a comment at splitcoast too but just have to tell you that I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm a sucker for rainbows, but the card that caught my eye on Pinterest is the one with the red bow. it inspired the card i'm making tonight with families at my local ronald mcdonald house! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these ideas using the heart to heart punch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! I'm thinking I could utilize the Sizzlets hearts in a similar way!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your designs. I found you on pinterest. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute. Glad to see more uses for our punches.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute. Glad to see more uses for our punches.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards. . . Simple and clean. Where did you get the bold Thanks on the Stampin Up multi colored heart card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a multi-thanks die from Cuttlebug called With Gratitude...found it still available in a few places...here's a link to one of them...
      http://www.franticstamper.com/Cuttlebug-Combo--With-Gratitude_p_43896.html
      hope this helps:)!

      Delete
  20. cuales son los materiales

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa