Saturday, January 28, 2012

Less is More 52

YEAH!!...it's been a whole year of Less is More challenges!!  I found this WONDERFUL challenge at week 14...and have been HOOKED ever since!!  I am grateful to Mandie and Chrissie for beginning this blog...love these ladies for their  artistry, GREAT challenges, encouraging words and that they have kept us, as participants on the straight and narrow of being clean and simple in our card making... Simply Less is More MEANS just what it says!!  Not always an easy part of their roles at times, I'm sure, but I so appreciate it!!!  I have met and come to know some really amazing ladies and artists through this blog, so grateful for the friendships I have made!!  If you're reading this and haven't yet, come join the fun!!
This week's challenge is a sketch.  I had been thinking about an out-of-the-box type card...here's my card and the sketch:

I used a couple flowers from a set from W Plus 9 Design Studio(Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions) and a sentiment from Hero Arts(Say It All).  Being that the flower stamps are clear stamps, I slightly bent them to curve and stamped them together in black. I didn't have any rectangular dies that fit the size of my card, so I cut the paper with my paper cutter to the bottom and top of each side's flower(ALMOST), and then hand cut the rest of the way.  Colored with Stampin Up markers (barely banana and daffodil delight).  Layered on black and slightly popped up.  Had a ribbon around the bottom of the stems, but decided that I would do without...only had thicker ribbon, and thinnner ones weren't the right colors...oh well...! The card is textured Barely Banana.  Love this sketch...may have another card by week's end!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

37 comments:

  1. Thanks for your wonderful words Lisa, you are so kind about our blog!
    This is a beautiful card... the image is very striking and you have made a terrific card from the sketch!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa

    this is beautiful... love the colours and everything

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Hear Hear, I totally agree with you LIM and Chrissie and Mandi are real stars, well done for saying so:0) Your card today is stunning, the colours are fabulous and design just perfect! Did I say I love it? I do, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card Lisa, excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card - the colours work so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Lisa, so pretty and delicate with thee perfect colour palette to match :)
    I can't believe how quick this year has gone by!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, thanks for your kind words on my blog. This is stunning and I love it! I have to say I absolutely adore the card in your post below too with the gorgeous colour combination with kraft - it really does make me feel joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow,stunning card, love the over the edge design! Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully done :) The out of the box flowers look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Lisa! A real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Lisa! I love your color choices and the way you trimmed the flower. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful as only you can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is absolutely glorious, lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those flowers are so striking on that background. Just beautiful Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An absolutely perfect card!! Now I am not sure I will be able to create anything for this challenge because I just want to copy your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for those kind wordsnLisa, we'd be nowhere without the likes of you and your fellow LIMettes
    Lovely card, that soft yellow looks super
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't agree more about LiM - Chrissie and Mandi are fabulous! This is a really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Lisa!! Love that bloom....and the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't this a great sketch?! I love your simple flowers and the banana, white and black make such a classy card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the flowers coming out over your rectangle, makes a super card. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its a beautiful card - such lovely colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This care is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my this is perfect in every way love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful, Lisa. I love how the flowers extend beyond the vertical panel. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE your card and what you did with the flower. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card! Barely Banana is one of my favorite colors, too. Love what you did to enhance the flower image. I think a bow would have detracted from the simplicity of the card--it's just perfect the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this elegant, sophisticated card and I reiterate all you say about Chrissie and Mandi at LIM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - I just love the way you curved the flowers, and the inventive way you cut them out. A very classy and elegant card, and I LOVE it!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card, love the colour and beautiful flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card with absolutly nice flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A perfect CAS card - love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa