Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baby Shower Favors

I was part of a baby shower today...my part was making the invitations, the punch and the favors.  I made the invitations before Thanksgiving, and didn't take any pictures.  I did, however, take a couple pics of the favors.  I got the idea from my daughter, who suggested  Pinterest. The mom-to-be had decided on the colors brown, tan, white and touches of pink(she's having a girl).   I thought to make a baggie with animal crackers...I added some candy(Raspberry Hugs...pink and white, and valentines Doves...pink and brown) on the top of the cookies, and the header with the same giraffe die from the invitations....not sure to this moment that I loved  them...I had an idea of what I wanted, but never seemed to be able to see it in the finished product.  BUT, these were acceptable and the ladies seemed to like them well enough...so thought I would share the idea with you all.
I used chocolate, plain and frosted animal crackers...brown, tan, pink and white.   I made 60 invitations and 45 favors(above are 30 of the 45)...all the invitations were sent and all favors were gone...and all the punch was drank....it was a "sweet" shower!!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. We don't do showers over in the UK but it looks like it's been fun and your favours are very cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arr so cute Lisa and they look so well presented in the basket too :)
    I've never been to a baby shower but they sound fun :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly lovely baby shower favors! I must admit that these seem to be perfect. Very soon will be throwing vintage themed baby shower at my favorite venue Houston and all these things are very helpful for me in arranging it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Lisa! What size bags did you use for the favors.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa