Friday, October 16, 2015

SNOW??!!

I was talking to my dad today, who lives in the Buffalo, NY area,  and the word is...they are predicting   SNOW in Buffalo this weekend!!! CRAZY, right??!!  So...in honor of my roots...
 I used to have a TON of embossing folders.  Over the last couple years, I have gotten rid of A LOT of them.  So, it was surprising to even me, that I would be looking at them when I went to AC Moore last week, and then surprising even more, when I found one that I just had to have:)!!  LOVE these snowflakes (it's a Darice folder)...the folder is 5x7, so LOVE the size of the folder, but the impression is very light and the snowflakes are small and spaced, which I also LOVE...so for me...a great background!!  I had just gotten this mitten die by Memory Box and combined them with a sentiment die and stamp set from Reverse Confetti, Winter Words Confetti Cuts and Stamp set, for a snow themed card.  I layered the mittens and die cut different colors to put the pieces in the mittens.  Added some pink and a green rhinesone on the mittens...
I used a cream colored paper, so I used my Stampendous white embossing powder rather than the WOW I usually use, as this white is actually kind of off white...although I was going to get rid of it when I got the Wow bright white a while ago, I found this powder IS still good for something:)!!
 Hope it's warmer where you are this weekend...it's still too early for snow:)!!Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. And darling mittens they are! (P.S. I won't tell anybody that I LOVE SNOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smitten with your mittens! Great background EF too! It's below freezing here tonight too, but clear so no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love this embossing folder...I have it too and use it all the time! Thankfully here in Virginia it is not snowing! Loving the fall weather though!! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa