Friday, October 23, 2015

Big Scripty Greetings...Three Ways

 I took the Simon Says Stamp stamp set, Big Scripty Greetings Holiday out the other day, and made a few cards using the wonderful sentiments from this set...simply by themself, and combined with some Simon dies from last Christmas season...
 This first one is elegant and so simple...PERFECT for someone who might want to make a bunch of pretty cards fast and easy.  Stamped the sentiment with versa mark and gold embossed on some striped paper.  I layered that panel on a gold card.  I DID sprinkle the sentiment with MORE gold embossing powder right after I heated the powder the first time, and heated again, for a thicker, golder sentiment...

The second card uses another sentiment, combined with a poinsettia die from last year, which I embossed all over the card, as well as die cutting a poinsettia to sit next to the sentiment...
 Just so you know, you will be seeing a lot of cards this Christmas season by me, made with black, white, silver and red with some kraft sprinkled around.  When I went into Walmart a couple days ago, they already had  Christmas displays, and one of the color themes was....you guessed it BLACK, RED, WHITE, SILVER AND KRAFT!   I was just in love looking at it all...it really wowed me!!  So this is my first black, red and white card:)!  Here's a close up...

My last one is my "artsy" version of the sentiments, I stamped on watercolor paper, clear embossed, and watercolor painted in red, gold and green giving my card the "reason for the season", with a stable/barn die from last year's Simon release...
 I die cut the star in gold, glittery paper, and used some distress ink on my stable wood veneer paper to make it darker  Here's a close up...
OK...hope you've had a great weekend...see you during the week with more FUNNNNN!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. love all three cards Lisa - especially the first one - nice to know about the current trend in colors for the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all 3 cards! Awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous showcase of those stamps, Wonderful card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are stunning in their classy simplicity. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your cards especially the black/red/white pointsetta card. I will have to try this type of background. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa