Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Merry Christmas Snowflake

I used an unused sentiment from yesterday's card to make another Christmas card...today with a framed snowflake in my "merry" colors... 
I cut 3 "squares"...actually 2 1/2 x 2 5/8" from 3 different colored papers, then die cut the Simon Says Stamp Nadine Snowflake on those papers.  I used an already layered Nadine die cut in white that I had on my desk, and used 2 areas of each of those colored snowflake die cuts to fit around the white layered flake.  I had done this a couple years ago after having seen Ardyth (she's AMAZING!) (I didn't originally link the cards, but wound up FINDING the card she AND I  made, cause she commented that she wasn't my inspiration, and I KNEW my memory wasn't THAT bad:):)!!) make a card like the one I've made today.  This snowflake is perfect for this because of it's makeup with the  triangles on both sides of 6 of the "arms" of the snowflake make it perfect to easily divide the colors.  Loved how the snowflake popped above the colored papers...love dimension...
Hope your weekend has been wonderful...have a great rest of your day!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love this!!! Love the "merry" colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this is stunning! Love your non-traditional Christmas colors and the die piecing is so clever. Simple, clean, graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! I inspired this amazing beauty? No way - I would never have gotten those triangles and shapes so perfect. I think you're probably talking about a blue inlaid snowflake I made - that one I remember and it was easy (no protractor involved! lol!). Originally came by because I absolutely love this graphic design and it was a fun surprise to see my name here! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, Ardyth, I FOUND our cards, and linked them above...YOU ARE AN AMAZING INSPIRATION TO ME:):):)!! HUGS!!

      Delete
    2. and it was THREE years ago, not two, that we made our cards, but no protractors or rulers were involved in the making of this card...just simple inlays:)

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa