Saturday, October 17, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 145 Fall Thank You

I am short on thank you cards right now, so when I saw the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week...it was perfect for a Fall thank you!!  Here's my card and the sketch...

Used my MISTI and just kept moving my paper up as I went lighter on the inks.  I started with black and used 4 colors of gray.  The leaf is from Impression Obsession (I think it's so pretty:)!!), the sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  I die cut the leaf from watercolor paper then used watercolor paints(a hint...I ran the leaf in the die back through my Big Shot AFTER I colored to strengthen the veins of the leaf that watercoloring mutes...it's all in the details:)!!).  Layered then adhered over the sentiments...
I have a feeling that I'll be doing some more of these...so much FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the gradient sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the gradient sentiment and the awesome coloring on the leaf! Thanks for the tips, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that you used gradient colors, and re-ran the leaf for the details again. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous maple leaf (kind of partial to them being Canadian and all lol). Love the sentiment colour gradient and well done running it back through to get the veins to show. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous leaf! You are right about the details! I love your gradient sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. Those IO leaf dies are the best. I love the coloring on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you stamped the sentiment, and the leaf is gorgeous! Great color contrast too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Lisa..!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Lisa! I love your ombre sentiments! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card using our sketch! Thanks for sharing Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa