Monday, October 19, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch 145...Happy Birthday Flower

I couldn't resist another try at the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week!!  Aaaahhhh simplicity...how I LOVE IT!!  Here's my card and the sketch...

 I used the Impression Obsession Cover a Card stamp, Birthday Words, using the top left corner of the 6" square stamp, masked on 4 sides, for my multi lined SENTIMENT part of the card.
I clear embossed the sentiments...loved the pretty shine the words got!!
 In an attempt to perhaps encourage someone out there, I'll let you in on a little secret...l stamp imperfectly!!  The reason that the panel is raised is that I stamped the sentiments on cards crooked so many times, hoping for a one layer card, that I finally stamped one that I could cut down to "look" just right...yes, sometimes you just have to go with imperfect...and for a perfectionist, that's a HUGE thing to admit!!!
 I used a Paper Smooches flower for a POP of color,  and an enamel dot for it's center.

I am really loving this sketch...the possibilities are endless!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and pretty, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa this looks wonderful! The perfect BG for this sketch, cleverly masked!
    So glad you are playing along at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you masked a portion of your stamp, and that little flower is adorable! I hear you about the stamping, I feel so much less stress by stamping on a panel, and adhering is to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! I LOVE how you masked your stamp for the sentiment block. It looks so cool. That little flower you used is perfect for this card. Fantastic design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice and a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great (quick?) card! That little flower really packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa